03/26/16

Costa Coffee, or The Morning Star

Page updated with new photos and information, also Temple Cottages and the Hammersons’ blacksmiths forge, now Dentists, Crumbs bakery and Christin’s hair salon shops. Click here

02/2/16

1899 maps now online

Three large-scale zoomable maps have been added to the Historical Maps pages: 1899 sheets for Datchet centre and for eastern end, including the Common, and an 1912 sheet for the northern area including Eton and Slough Roads. Click here to view and zoom!

01/28/16

Church Cottage updated

More information and photos of Church Cottage, James Cottages in London Road, and Horton Cottage in Horton Road, all of which were owned and lived in by the Hale-Pearce family who were the village blacksmiths from before 1800. More about the lives of this family, the last of whom was killed in WWI and whose name is on the War Memorial, and about the early history of Church Cottage in medieval times. Click here to read more.

01/21/16

The Royal Stag, updated

The history of the Royal Stag has now been updated with plans, new photos and details of how its early timber beams have revealed the date 1494 for the oldest part of the building.

01/21/16

Lord Montagu

A brief account of why Edward, 3rd Lord Montagu of Beaulieu was Lord of Datchet Manor until his death last summer, and photos of his visits to the village.