Click on this page for a fully illustrated version of the Link article about the stream and the barrel arch culvert under the Greens.
Just published, a fully illustrated version of the article that appeared in the September issue of the Link
Information about the Datchet Conservation Area can be found here
Why is the Queens Road level crossing and its cottages called ‘Mays’? Find out here
Page updated with new photos and information, also Temple Cottages and the Hammersons’ blacksmiths forge, now Dentists, Crumbs bakery and Christin’s hair salon shops. Click here
Three large-scale zoomable maps have been added to the Historical Maps pages: 1899 sheets for Datchet centre and for eastern end, including the Common, and an 1912 sheet for the northern area including Eton and Slough Roads. Click here to view and zoom!
More information and photos of Church Cottage, James Cottages in London Road, and Horton Cottage in Horton Road, all of which were owned and lived in by the Hale-Pearce family who were the village blacksmiths from before 1800. More about the lives of this family, the last of whom was killed in WWI and whose name is on the War Memorial, and about the early history of Church Cottage in medieval times. Click here to read more.
A short new page of photos and history of Club Buildings, or Sopwith Court, and how the MG garage developed from a plumber’s shop
The history of the Royal Stag has now been updated with plans, new photos and details of how its early timber beams have revealed the date 1494 for the oldest part of the building.
A brief account of why Edward, 3rd Lord Montagu of Beaulieu was Lord of Datchet Manor until his death last summer, and photos of his visits to the village.